- Professional Development Conference
September 27, 2018
7:30 am - 4:30 pm
The Central New York Chapter of the American Society of Safety Professionals (ASSP) is hosting a full-day Professional Development Conference on Thursday, September 27, 2018 at The Lodge at Welch Allyn in Skaneateles, New York.
This year’s conference will focus on preparing, preventing, and responding to various types of emergencies, such as natural disasters, cyber-attacks, and workplace violence. The afternoon session is a workshop designed for attendees to review, develop, and/or enhance their written emergency management plan(s) and learn about various leading practices that can be applied to emergency management.
Our request for Continuing Education Units (CEU’s) was approved and .6 CEU’s will be awarded to each attendee.
7:30-8:00 Breakfast, Registration, Networking & Visit the Vendors
8:00-9:00 Keynote Speaker Dave Nicosia, Warning Coordination Meteorologist, National Weather Service: Preparing for Natural Disaster
9:00-9:10 Vendor Break
9:10-10:00 Dawn Preston, Sr. Risk Control Consultant, Travelers Insurance: Dealing with the Media
10:00-10:15 Vendor Break
10:15-11:30 John Groshans, Floral Park Police Department: Cyber Security
11:30-12:15 Jennifer Lawless, Sr. Industrial Hygienist, OSHA, Washington DC: Workplace Violence / Vendor Lunch
12:15-1:15 Lunch , Visit the Vendors
1:15-2:00 Brian DeRochie, New York State Police: Situational Awareness
2:00-2:10 Vendor Break
2:10-4:00 Patty Cerio & Ken Waldby: Emergency Management Plan Workshop
ASSE members – $90 in advance or $100 at the door
Non-members – $100 in advance or $110 at the door.
NOTE: If you not have a PayPal account and/or do not want to set up a PayPal account, you can register and pay with a credit card by following these instructions:
- Indicate the number of tickets you are going to purchase below and click on the “Register Now” button.
- After completing the “Personal Information” section, click on the “Proceed to Payment Options” button.
- At this screen, you have the option to “Select Your Method of Payment” (either “At Door” or “PayPal”). Select the “Pay Pal” option and click on the “Proceed to Finalize Registration” button.
- After a couple of continue buttons, you will get to the “Pay with PayPal” page. Click on the “Pay with Debit or Credit Card” button located at the bottom of the page.
- At the “PayPal Guest Checkout” page fill in your credit card and billing information.
- Click on the “Pay Now” button to complete your transaction.
Venue: The Lodge at Welch Allyn