Chapter Mission Statement
The CNY ASSP chapter is an association providing the professional development and representation for those engaged in the practice of safety, health and the environment and providing services to the private and public sectors to protect people, property, and the environment.
Chapter Vision Statement
The vision of the CNY ASSP chapter is to be the premier organization and resource for those engaged in the practice of protecting people, property, and the environment, and to lead the profession globally.
- Establish, promote, and recognize standards of professional practice
- Advocate positions on regulations and legislation
- Enhance and promote the ASSP image and the leader in the profession
- Establish and maintain and effective and efficient organization for the achievement of the Society’s mission.
- Gather, encourage and participate in the development of the body of knowledge relevant to the profession.
- Develop and maintain mechanisms to recruit, retain and nurture the membership.
- Deliver the highest quality professional development opportunities to enhance competence and to position practitioners for success.